Hello internet friends,
As you might have already guessed, my favorite group of bloggers has teamed up again to bring you Berry Week! I love doing these theme weeks because it spurs on my creativity in using ingredients for something new. This week I decided to make berry sangria!
I’ve posted several berry recipes in the past, but this “recipe” is one of the easiest and by far the booziest. I put recipe in quotes because it’s mostly dumping ingredients into a pitcher. Ain’t nobody got time for a more complicated cocktail recipe. The most complicated recipe we used in college was “D the B”, in other words, drink the booze.
I had the best time acting as a mixologist for berry sangria because each variation needed its own
glass taste test. *hiccup* In the extensive taste testing, I discovered Triple Sec is the secret ingredient and cannot be omitted. Also, there are many different schools of thought on sangria, but my own personal beliefs are that wine should never be diluted with soda. Ever. Amen.
You will need:
- 1 pint strawberries
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 2 bottles chilled white wine, preferably Riesling (I used Firestone)
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec
- 1/4 cup sugar
Thoroughly wash all berries. Slice orange and lemon into rings.
In a large pitcher (or a small pitcher + awkward Tupperware container like me) stir together wine, Triple Sec, and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
Toss in the fruit and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. The long chill time allows all of the booze to soak into the berries.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily halve it if your party is small. The OTHER great thing about this recipe is that it tastes delicious. The other OTHER great thing about this recipe is that you get to eat a ton of booze berries at the bottom of your glass.
What’s your favorite use of summer berries?
P.s. Check out all of tasty ways you can use summer berries with these fantastic recipes:
- Monday: Comfortably Domestic-Fresh Strawberry Pie / La Petite Pancake-Berry Sangria
- Tuesday: Inside NanaBread’s Head-Annie’s Blackberry Cake / From My Sweet Heart-Summer Berry Terrine with Mascarpone Whipped Cream
- Wednesday: Climbing Grier Mountain-Vanilla Gelato with Peach-Blueberry Compote & Honey Whipped Cream / Tenaciously Yours-Strawberry Smash
- Thursday: Country Cleaver-Strawberry Basil Sorbet Bellini / The Girly Girl Cooks-Strawberry-Rhubarb Stuffed French Toast
- Friday: Buffy and George-Black Raspberry & Cherry Pie with a Gluten-Free Crust / My Kvetchin’ Kitchen-Berry Earl Grey Cocktail / The Grommom-Berry Crisp
- Saturday: Munchin’ in the Mitten-Cherry Clafoutis / Decadent Philistines Save the World-Raspberry Marshmallows (served two ways)