Hey everybody! I’m not sure who “everybody” is at this point. I used to have quite the blogging community hanging out here, but months without continuous posts means that my mom is probably the only one reading this. (Hey, mom!)
Anywho, I thought I would chat about some of the various things going on in my life now.
1) The honeymoon is finalized. We’re going to Belize!!! We’re traveling around the country to see a few different places. I’m hoping it includes beach-bumming, horseback riding, cave tubing, star-gazing, visits to Mayan ruins, snorkeling, reading, eating, and everything else that is fun and relaxing in the ENTIRE WORLD! Ok, I got a little out of hand there, but I have no doubt we will have fun.
2) Grad school takes up 90% of my time, but it’s going well. I’m officially seeing clients!!! Part of the graduate program for MFT work includes seeing clients while under the supervision of true clinicians. It’s both challenging and greatly rewarding. I also got a poster presentation accepted for a conference on health! There is so much going on for school that I could probably write an entire week’s worth of posts, but I don’t want you to have to gouge your eyes out with a spoon.
3) Josie is as sassy as ever. My pug turned 2 recently and she still loves biting toes, eating fruit, and climbing like a cat.
4) Parks and Rec got even better! I know this update isn’t directly related to my life, but I thought the world should know. I didn’t know how it could get any better, but I have laughed until I’ve cried during every episode this season. Please watch it.
5) Jonathan and I took a cooking class, dressed up as “people with unibrows” for Halloween, saw Argo (and loved it), did a night zoo “safari”, and went to a cabin in the mountains for a weekend. With the insanity of school, we’ve been doing our best to have some fun too.
6) I’m preparing for the holidays. LA’s summer season lasted until last week, so Thanksgiving and Christmas blitz-attacked me this year. It’s hard to believe Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away when it’s 90 degrees outside. Now I are rushing around to whip together gifts and treats and decorations. It’s madness!
What has been going on in your life lately? How are you handling the holiday prep?