Facts I’ve learned about myself while packing up all of my possessions.
1. I have very few “keepsakes”. The ones I do have, I keep around in the rare event the gift-giver shows up at my apartment and asks where that awesome one-of-a-kind decorative Japanese fan went. That might make me a bad person, but I totally believe in gift receipts. I also believe in a clutter-free lifestyle…or at least that’s what I strive for.
2. I collect journals and only write one or two pages in each. I’m not sure why this is happening, but I think I get really excited about the prospect of journaling into a beautiful notebook whilst resting my head on a hammock near the beach. Then I buy the notebooks in hopes that this dream will come to fruition. In reality, my life is too insane to write my insane thoughts down on a daily basis.
3. I have too many tank tops. They are my bizarre security blanket. I cannot explain this in the slightest.
4. I don’t ever use chili powder. The three jars I found in my spice cabinet will last me until the day I die.
5. I recently read an article about a woman who minimized her stress, monthly bills, clutter, and headaches by living with only 100 items in her home. This is not me.